Being a Work in Progress


This is the PERFECT description of my life... I seemingly never know whether I'm coming or going and what point A or point B even is, I'm just so confused. All I know is I'm a work in progress!

I think that in a way, every one of us is. As Christians God is continually working on us... He is the potter and we are His clay. To say that this is perfect or ideal in any way is a joke though. I'm the type that wants to know now what is going to happen a year from now. I think this is partially because I've been given the gift of prophecy and while I can (and do) help so many people, I never seem to be truly able to help myself. Instead, I keep running and chasing my own tail, to the point I get exhausted because everything is seemingly spinning out of control.

Between being a single Mom who has a few different ministries going on, is in seminary, and is homeschooling a teen daughter, I push myself to keep going... probably way more than I should. I have goals and when I meet them, I push myself to exceed them when I could easily step back and take a break. Part of this is due to my own anxiety and failure to trust God to truly take care of my every need, which is silly considering I'm so good at encouraging others to do this.

Wednesday I finally hit a brick wall. I finally said enough is enough, if I don't stop and take a break now I'm going to have a mental break down. While I'm not working or studying again until Monday, I am doing errands, spending time with my daughter and reaching out to serve others. These are things that rejuvenate me, make me feel alive and well. Obviously, I'm also taking a few moments to blog here to remind us both that we're works in progress and we need to take care of ourselves.

Comments