When worry consumes me there are some things I must remember...

"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?" ~ Matthew 6:25-26


I hate waiting for anyone or anything. I've always been the type of person who wants to know things now, not wait 3 or 4 days before getting an answer. This is especially true when I honestly don't have a back up plan because I always need to have one of those in play too. All I know is that in a little over 15 days (about 2 weeks) I have to make a major move that may actually leave me without a place to call "home." It's not like I can call Philly home any longer, but I do like to know where I'll find shelter for the night. I'm getting too old to simply step out on blind faith, having done that for my entire 41th year of life while working with the homeless and not ever really having a place to call my "home." Nonetheless, I know that in order to attend Seminary, I need to get back to Pittsburgh where my home church is located. So, here we go again stepping out in blind faith. It's like God wants me to "trust and obey because there's really no other way,"



...but at the same time with my anxiety that's getting really hard and I feel like I'm getting too old for this. I'm just praying that things are going to go a whole lot smoother than I'm imagining at the moment.

Comments